Affiliate Marketing Tutorial 61 | Clickbank | Introduction to Affiliate Marketing SEO
One potentially huge source of traffic is from the search engine, but to take advantage of it you need to be ranked highly in the search listings. One way to improve your ranking is by employing either PPC or SEO methods. In this lesson we are going to introduce you to an overview of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
What is search engine optimization?
When you search for something in a search engine you typically end up with two sets of results. One is the paid listings which appear down the right hand side of the page and, occasionally, at the top of the page. The rest of the results on the page are the “natural” or “organic ” search listings. Appearing in this list doesn’t cost the website anything – these are the results that the search engine considers to be the most relevant for the search term.
For a lot of affiliates, having their site listed in these free (“natural”) results is a cornerstone of their business, since it results in a lot of free traffic to their site.
However, while it’s pretty easy to get into the natural search results, if your website doesn’t appear in the first few pages you’re unlikely to get a lot of traffic from it – in fact most web searchers don’t bother looking beyond page one of the search results, let alone page two, three or further!
The term “search engine optimization” (or SEO for short) refers to the things you can do for your website to help it appear closer to the top of the search engine rankings for your important keywords. The closer to the top you are, the more traffic you will get; the more traffic you get, the more money you make – that’s an equation that makes a lot of sense to affiliates!
The important thing to note about the natural search engine listings (as opposed to the paid search engine listings) is that there is no way you can artificially raise yourself up the rankings. Unlike paid listings, where you might bump yourself up by paying more, the natural search engine results leave you completely at the mercy of the search engine algorithms. As a result, you spend your time doing things to convince the search engine that your site is the most relevant site on the Internet for a particular keyword – these actions are collectively called “Search Engine Optimization”
So how do you “SEO”?
The things you can affect to help improve your search engine rankings tend to fall into two categories:
- On-page factors are things that you can do on your website to increase your perceived relevance. These include things like using your keywords on your pages, using HTML headers correctly and linking your pages together correctly.
- Off-page factors are things that help your site look more relevant but aren’t actually built into your website. These include things like getting links to your site from other websites, making sure those websites are popular and relevant to your topic and having links to your site written in specific ways.
Pros & Cons of SEO
There are advantages and disadvantages to investing time in using search engine optimization as your primary method of getting traffic to your website.
Good points include:
- The traffic is free. The traffic you get through natural search results is free traffic, and that’s very important.
- The traffic is lower risk. Because your traffic is free it’s less of a risk than if you were paying for traffic – you aren’t under as much pressure to start turning a profit, because you aren’t losing any money.
- SEO is democratic. Your ability to rank well in the search engines isn’t directly related to how fat your wallet is, unlike the paid search listings.
However, disadvantages to investing time in SEO include:
- It takes a lot of time and effort.This is probably the biggest one for a lot of people – with SEO it might take six months of solid effort before your site approaches a first page listing in Google (of course it also might take less time than this – it all comes down to your market and how hard you work.) If you’re looking for a quick buck, then you aren’t going to like search engine optimization.
What are natural (organic) search engine results?
- Free listings that are compiled by the search engines, displaying what they consider to be the “most relevant” results for a particular search term.
- You can’t choose where or how your site appears, but there are things you can do to increase your “relevance”.
Why is SEO important?
- Search engines are often your biggest source of traffic.
- Traffic that comes from the natural search engine listings is also FREE traffic!
- You need to be in the first three pages of the SERPs (search engine results pages) to receive any significant traffic from the search engines.
Increasing Your SEO involves attention to both on-page and off-page factors.
On-page factors include: keywords on your page, correct linking and proper use of headers.
Off-page factors include: getting links to your site from other websites, making sure those websites are popular and relevant to your topic and having links to your site use certain text in the links.
Pros & Cons:
Pro: Free traffic
Con: Takes time & effort to see results
Learn something new? Share it with your friends!
How To Make Money Online With Affiliate Marketing | Clickbank | Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
How To Make Money Online With Affiliate Marketing- Discover How You Can Make Over $900 This Week
How To Make Money Online With Affiliate Marketing- Real Life Case Study Made A $468.97+/ Month
How To Make Money Online- Bank An Easy $330+/Mo Passive Income From EACH Of Tiny $10 Investments
Social Media Manager Job | Facebook Jobs | Twitter Jobs| This Single Mother Makes Over $700 per Week
Affiliate Marketing For Beginners Guide- Make $121.71 Per Day With FREE Traffic, Plus FREE Software
How To Make Money Online With Facebook – Youtube | Software For Affiliate Marketing | Work From Home Jobs
How To Make Money On Facebook- OCTOSUITE | Facebook Tool Software- Best Way To Make Money From Home
How To Increase Website Traffic- Free Traffic Source Up to 16,364 Targeted Visitors Per Day
Make Money Online With Affiliate Marketing | Clickbank- Just Follow These 3 Simple Steps, I Have Make $200 In 20 Minutes Daily
How To Make Money Online With Affiliate Marketing | Clickbank | $1k/day With Free Traffic Keywords
Make Money Online Affiliate Marketing- Set Your Instagram and Bring In Traffic, Leads & Sales Today
Learn How To Make Money With JVZoo | JVZoo Academy | Make Money Online With Affiliate Marketing
Complete ConvertKit Tutorial 2017 | Build Email List Fast | Best Email Marketing Services
Affiliate Marketing For Beginners | Clickbank Tutorial | Make $2,293.26 Per Day From My Laptop
Make Money Online Affiliate Marketing For Beginners |Clickbank |$2,228 Weekly By These 4 Simple Step
Make Money Online From Home | FREE DotComSecrets Book | Underground For Growing Your Company Online
Ship Your FREE Book DotCom Secrets Now | Growing Your Business Online | Make Money Online From Home
Affiliate Marketing For Beginners | Make Easy Money Online $900 This Week With Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing For Beginners | Fastest Way To Make Money Online Affiliate Marketing | Clickbank
Stop Anxiety and Panic Attacks Fast – Barry McDonagh | Natural Treatment, Overcome Panic and Anxiety