Top 10 Free Twitter Analytics Tools for Marketers
The following top 10 free analytics tools help you measure the success of your Twitter marketing campaign and give you an idea of what works and what doesn’t, so you can make changes as you go. They are suitable for both professional and amateur marketers.
- Twitter Counter provides graphs that are more accessible than those of most other tools on this list, and also comes with two valuable features: the ability to compare your account with one or two others to measure your performance, and a prediction service that guesses at what rate your follower count will increase in the near future based on information gathered over the last week.
- Twitonomy is one of the most complete Twitter analytics tools available, helping you to monitor conversations based on keywords, users, or lists in real time. It comes with a pleasant and accessible user interface, customizable modules, and a powerful account analysis feature that provides statistics and graphs for any account, and includes tweet frequencies and most-used hashtags.
- Twentyfeet generates graphics that help you better understand how you stand in terms of followers, retweets, or mentions. It also tracks some metrics that are crucial for a marketer, such as users who aren’t following back or the number of followers you’ve recently lost.
- Twtrland is probably the most visual Twitter analytics tool around and it’s ideal for marketers who feel overwhelmed by the extensive statistics that other tools provide. It groups your tweets in categories such as “mentions” and “your most famous words” and highlights which of the tweets/users you’ve engaged with performed well, helping you to discover what content your followers are most attracted to.
- Twitalyzer has a free version that provides comprehensive reports for your profile, reach, and metrics, and that also lets you analyze your competitors. The info is presented through accessible dashboards that are easy to understand. The reach data is especially useful, as it predicts your potential based on your interaction with influential users.
- CrowdBooster is a visually impressive analytics tool that provides data on the growth of your follower count, top retweeters, and influential followers, and is convenient for figuring out if your marketing campaign is progressing at the pace you want. Metrics can be sent weekly via email.
- TwitSprout provides a quick snapshot of the performance of your account in the last week and comes with a few graphs that help you discover the best time of the day to be active on Twitter. This is a basic analytics tool that can be used to complement the data you get from some of the more comprehensive services already mentioned.
- Twitaholic uses your current follower count as a metric to rank your account and give you an idea of what you can achieve if you continue with your current marketing strategy. It is extremely useful for local businesses because it can rank your account in your area, comparing it to the accounts of other local providers.
- Topsy is mainly a trends and comparison tool. It shows you the trends for compares and mentions for up to three users or domain names, and lets you compare keywords too. Excellent for measuring your marketing efforts with those of your competitors.
- TrueSocialMetrics is focused on measuring not the usual metrics, but those that relate to your participation in the channel, including conversation, amplification, and applause. It’s more experimental than the other analytics tools listed here, and to fully understand it you’ll have to try it out.
The Bottom Line:
To get the most out of Twitter analytics tools, it’s best to use them combined. Although many of them provide roughly the same data, they each tend to do it in a different way.
Learn something new? Share it with your friends!
Make Money Online At Home – New Social Video Software Generates Leads & Sales in Minutes
3 Reasons I Am Leaving Mailchimp for ConvertKit for Email Marketing | ConvertKit vs Mailchimp
How I’m Making $921/Day With 17 Software BOTS – Make Money Online With Affiliate Marketing
Make $237/ day With “Explode My Payday” – How To Make Money Online At Home
How To Make Money Online : Software Gets You FREE, Unlimited Buyer Traffic TO ANY OFFER
New Revolutionary Cloud Based SaaS Gets Real FREE Traffic – How To Make Money Online
How Marc Makes $106.30 Every Single Day With FREE Traffic On Virtual Auto-Pilot! Make Money Online
Drive Massive Targeted Traffic to Your Websites From YouTube in Minutes : Make Money Online Affiliate Marketing
How You Can 5X Your Affiliate Earnings Before Dinner Tonight! How to Start Affiliate Marketing
How To Make Money Online Fast – $444.80 Per Day Online In Just 20 Minutes WITHOUT Promoting Anything
How To Make Money Online Affiliate Marketing For Beginners | Clickbank | $2,228 Weekly By These 4 Simple Step